Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Wolf Blitzer

We just retirned from New York, my first trip back to the States since we moved. All in all, a truly wonderful trip -- lots of amazing serendipity, crossing paths with friends from seemingly every nook and cranny of our past lives. But here's my most salient memory: our arrival in the Houston airport. From the time we disembarked, we were surrounded -- bombarded, really -- by an onslaught of media. The worst was CNN. Loud, intense, urgent, addressing every Congressional meeting or traffic tie-up as if it were the onset of World War Three. My pulse raced, blood pressure jumped. Hell, I couldn't even read. Is it any wonder Americans are reported to live in a near constant state of fear? In time, I hope, the Wolf Blitzer nightmares will begin to recede.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?