Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 

Customer Service Lives!


After three days in and out of the muck-lined Green River, my brand new Teva sandals gave up the ghost -- coming apart, literally, at the seams. Workmanship? Durability? Needless to say, I was sorely disappointed. A couple weeks later, in Sacramento, I took the corpse to the local REI to see if they could help. Kudos first to REI. While they wouldn't exchange the shoes, they got me the Teva customer service number and then, as directed by Teva, actually filled out the return form for me on-line, printed the required mailing label and wrote me out directions to the nearest post office. Big kudos to Teva. The customer service rep. listened to my story and without missing a beat, directed me to return the damaged sandals. Her only question: do you want another pair or a cash refund. She even volunteered that they'd pay any shipping and duty costs to get them back to me in Mexico. Three weeks later my new sandals arrived in San Miguel. Done deal. Although it's all too rare these days, I love it when a company "gets it" and treats customers right. Looking for outdoor gear? Shop at REI. Looking for footwear? Try some Tevas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?