Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

Errata


I believe I claimed in an earlier post that while the chicken down here is phenomenal, the beef is generally lean and tough, best suited for pounding, chopping and stewing. For the most part that's true, and we've adjusted our choice of recipes accordingly. But I have to say I was blown away a month or so ago to discover, in our new Mega (American-style supermarket) these richly-marbled strip steaks. I can't remember seeing a more beautiful cut of prime beef, even when we paid insane dollars for top-of-the-line mail order beef. FYI: The final product, grilled over mesquite, had us moaning. It seems that every month we have one less reason to consider moving back to the States. (Now if I could just find a local source for The Macallan...)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?