Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

Karen's New Hobby



I've never been much of a flower guy. I mean, I've enjoyed -- even admired -- floral arrangements at dinner parties I've attended. But mostly, I've associated displays of fresh flowers with grasping wedding planners, Protestant funerals and rich fuckers with too much time on their hands. Well, what a shock to discover the visual and olfactory joys of fresh flowers at home. Karen has struck up a friendship of sorts with one of the flower vendors in the mercado. For fifty pesos (a little under five dollars), she comes home with an enormous, brightly colored, great smelling array of fresh flowers, which she prunes and plucks, mixes and matches, and places around the house. And as it turns out, she has a great eye! Each day, she carefully excises the droopy or dying ones, makes little design tweaks, and makes our fifty peso investment last for almost two weeks. My compliments to the woman I love. And my apologies to the rich fuckers with too much time on their hands who read this blog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?