Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

Puttin' On the Guatemalan Dog


Most guys I know are deeply devoted to their most lived-in items of clothing, and become fiercely protective of say, a ratty Creedence T-shirt, a scuffed-up and resoled pair of boots or a bleached-out Levi jacket that dates back to the 70's. That's how I am with old jeans. Recently, however, Karen's constant carping and my unfortunate tendency to stick a foot through the ever-widening hole that had appeared on one knee, caused me to face a harsh reality. Trash 'em or patch 'em. Karen graciously helped me shop for a remnant and then labored for an entire morning (sans sewing machine) to make the thing work. Thanks, babe. Hopefully, this will buy me another decade.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?