Friday, February 01, 2008

 

A Toast to The New Year

Our friends Warren & Tuli, who run San Miguel's most popular Spanish language school, just sent us this New Year's greeting and traditional Mexican toast. It sure beats hell out of "Cheers!", don't it?

Dear friends,

As we begin this new year, I am sure we all consider ourselves blessed. Tuli and I count you, our student friends, as one of the greatest blessings in our lives. You bring us so much joy and helping you to learn Spanish gives our lives meaning. I would like to begin this year with the famous Spanish toast that we all know and then add some of my own words.

SALUD, AMOR, DINERO Y EL TIEMPO PARA GOZARLOS.

Notice that the last word is gozar. The last part of this toast can be said in three ways:
1. Y el tiempo para gastarlos, which means the time to spend them.
2. Y el tiempo para disfrutarlos, which means the time to reap the fruits of them.
3. Y el tiempo para gozarlos, which means the time to enjoy them.

I like the last one the most because I like the word gozar. The noun from this verb gozar is el gozo which means joy.

So here the toast with my own blessing attached to each part. Read it out loud and let the words resonate. I hope you enjoy it and that this blessing will be a reality in your life in 2008.

SALUD (Health)
I imbue my life with good health so that I may awaken every day filled with vitality and a sense of well being.

AMOR (Love)
I imbue my life with love so that love will reign in my heart every day of my life.

DINERO (Wealth)
I imbue my life with prosperity so that a river of abundance will flow through me, fountain from me and shower unlimited riches all around me.

Y EL TIEMPO PARA GOZARLO (And the Time to Enjoy them all)
I imbue my life with joy so that every moment of every day will be joy filled. May I live happily ever after.

Tuli and I begin this year filled with gratitude for our good lives and for your presence and support. We hope that In 2008 we can serve you better in your desires to learn Spanish and appreciate the Mexican culture.

Salud, amor, y dinero.
Warren and Tuli

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?