Thursday, March 27, 2008

 

My Fifteen Minutes

When we visited Dustin in New York last week, he asked if I'd do him a favor. "Sure," I said. "For you anything." (After all, as a retired guy, what else do I have to do?) He said he wanted me to do a photo shoot for Time Out New York's upcoming parents' issue (which begins with the sentence: "They fucked you up, and who needs them anyway?") He told me to show up at a certain address, bring one the tropical shirts I'd taken to St. Martin, and ask for Drew. Frankly it sounded like fun. And it was... right up 'til the moment the stylist told me I was chosen because (per Dustin) I had "no fashion sense whatsoever" and was therefore perfect makeover material. Sheeesh! In case anyone asks, my modeling career is officially over.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?