Wednesday, July 16, 2008

 

A Cautionary Tale of Two Peppers

While at the market Monday, I came across a bin of cute little yellow and orange peppers. Our friend Valerie Hollinger had turned us on to these ultra-sweet little guys, lightly coated with olive oil and oven roasted, when we were back in Greenville. I called Valerie, confirmed her recipe, and threw them in the oven, sure I would delight our dinner guest. When I checked on them 15-20 minutes later, I popped one in my mouth to be sure they were nicely cooked and as delicious as I remembered. Holy shit!!! Three little bites and my mouth erupted in flames, tears poured from my eyes and saliva dribbled down my chin. I guess you foodie friends know what's coming. Failing to pay any attention to the store signage, I'd inadvertently picked up a bunch of Habañeros. A Scoville jump from zero to 100,000+. Long, story short, I spit out what I could and started guzzling the steamed milk I had leftover from an afternoon cappuccino, and chased it with several shots of tequila. The next half hour was pure misery, but thankfully, blister free. I don't even want to tell you about the ensuing twelve hours! Yesterday an always sympathetic Karen was working on learning the Spanish word for Dumbshit.

Comments:
Mike Goot! That is just so funny. Miss you.

Robbin, not tyler my blogger account is tied to his...somehow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?