Tuesday, June 30, 2009

 

Anais Nin

The other night Miz and I an old Philip Kaufman film about (in part) Anais Nin, about whom we knew very little. The film, Henry and June, was pretty good and certainly horny enough for a good "date night." But yesterday, curious and with time on my hands, I Googled Anais Nin and came up with a small batch of terrific quotes well worth sharing:

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not possibly born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing."

Comments:
When I was in my late teens and early 20s I read everything she wrote. She was such an inspiration.
xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?